Want to know what you can do to boost your home for sale?
THE CHECKLIST: 20 THINGS YOU CAN DO TO BOOST YOUR HOME
Below is the top 20 things sellers' can do to add property value and also help shift it, in order of how desirable they are, according to estate agents asked:
1. Clearing kitchen of items like kettles, toasters etc.
2. Open plan living space (e.g. lounge/dining area).
3. Putting up strategically placed mirrors to increase the impression of space.
4. De-personalising the house by removing other personal effects, ornaments etc.
5. Removing a door/s from downstairs rooms to create the impression of extra space.
6. Taking down family photos.
7. An exposed feature fireplace.
8. Freshly cleaned carpets throughout.
9. Taking down artwork.
10. Buying fresh flowers and putting them on display.
11. Stripped floorboards in at least one downstairs living area.
12. Buying new/brighter lights/bulbs.
13. Removed items from built-in wardrobes to make them look roomier than they are.
14. Baking fresh bread or making fresh coffee.
15. Removing other furniture and bulky items.
16. Removing a sofa to create the impression of extra space.
17. Removing a dining room table to create the impression of extra space.
18. A new executive car parked outside.
19. Integrated sound-system.
20. Driveway pressure washed clean.