Complaints Procedure


We hope that you will be extremely satisfied with our services. It is our aim to maintain a high standard of professional conduct in all our dealings with clients and customers. There may however be occasions when you feel that our service has not been up to your expectations, and we therefore operate a defined Complaints Handling Procedure (CHP) in order that you can express your dissatisfaction and we can work to resolve any issues.

In the first instance, you are invited to contact one of the Partners either verbally or in writing, and explain the reason/s for your complaint. From receipt of the complaint, you will receive an acknowledgement either in writing or by email within 7 days. The Partner will investigate the issues raised and will respond to you either in writing or by email within 28 working days. If you remain dissatisfied with the response received, do please let us know and we will arrange to meet with you at our offices within a further 10 working days, to talk through the issues with you.

If we are unable to satisfactorily resolve your complaint, we are members of a nominated independent redress scheme, the Property Redress Scheme, and you have the right to take your complaint to them, to assess whether your complaint falls within the remit of their redress scheme. If it does, and they find in your favour, then our firm will be obliged to compensate you as they determine. If we fail to compensate you, you may be able to recover the amount through the courts, as well as make a complaint to the RICS against us.

In the event that the Ombudsman service rejects your complaint, or your complaint falls outside their remit, you still have the right to take the matter to court. Indeed, if you prefer, you may decide to take the matter to court rather than pursue redress through the Ombudsman – you have the right to decide. Should the Ombudsman reject your complaint, the court is likely to take account of that decision in making its own decision.

For commercial disputes, The RICS Dispute Resolution Service (DRS) provides services to resolves disputes in land, property and construction.  The contact details for the RICS Dispute Resolution Service are: Surveyor Court, Westwood Way, Coventry, CV4 8JE.

In the first instance, you are invited to contact Duncan Challis MRICS, Quay Living, Unit 2, Orchard Plaza, 41, High Street, Poole, Dorset BH15 1EG. Telephone (01202) 683444.  Email

× Share this page:

Tenant Info for branch